Thursday, April 18, 2019

Thursday

I wanted to get a picture of the nearly full moon as it was setting on the ocean.  Unfortunately, I miscalculated the time.  I had walked out to the beach and then I was getting tired of waiting, so I went inside briefly .  It was too long.  When I went out again it had already set.  Oh well.  Maybe I will get it tomorrow morning.

Today was slightly different.  This morning Ben, Jay, Laura and Tristan took a longer hike down to the tip of the key, to do their shell search.  So they were gone longer.  Erin, Jeanne and I had kid duty.  We ate breakfast and snack before Laura, Ben & Tristan got home.  The morning was mostly game time.  With 3 adults gone we did not want to take the kids anywhere.
  
Liam was reading to Sean and Emmet.

  Ben made 2 more key lime pies and we had a delicious quesadilla lunch, which Erin made.  Then Erin went grocery shopping while Ben, Laura and Jeanne went to the beach with everyone, except Davy.  I stayed back to stay with him.  He was sleeping. Once Erin came home I joined the beach group.



Cooperation!  

Jay finally got home! He found a lot of great shells. He was pretty worn out as well.

Another fabulous dinner.  Wilhelm cooked a potato casserole, with carrots and beans.  Yummy.

After dinner we all headed up to the crows nest to do a memorial service for Jeanne's sister, Kathleen.  (Kathleen died April 2nd) Jeanne read a few things and played 2 songs that Kathleen liked.  We were up there at sunset and with a full moon.  We sat and talked about Kathleen and some of our memories.  It was a nice gathering and the kids did very well.  





Then we came in for s'mores and key lime pie.  The kids all went to bed.  

It was another full day!
The collection keeps growing!!

We all played a few rounds of Coup, a bluffing game.  I was not very good.  It was fun though.  








2 comments:

  1. Lots of shells, and nobody looks sunburned from collecting them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of Jeanne's sister. You all look like you are having a very fun week together!

    ReplyDelete