I was up at 3 am to get to my flight home. Traffic was light at that time of the morning. No TSAPreChk again. Bah!
It was rainy in Atlanta on the way out to Florida and it is rainy today. I had a short walk this time. I had to go from T to A but I could only go on the connecting train. No way to walk between those concourses.
I watched an interesting altercation. When I was getting off the plane a woman was chasing after some guy "Mike, Mike ..." He kept walking - was he ignoring her or didn't hear her. Anyway she finally got his attention. He says "I'm NOT going ... NO ..." The argument continued. Finally they stopped and had a very intense conversation. Face to face argument but in a quiet voice. Finally when I walked by for the last time just before my flight was going to board they looked like they might be getting some resolution. Body language showed some connection. I have no idea what it was about, but it was entertaining as I was pacing. I hope they worked it all out.
We had a slight delay leaving Atlanta. So I got into Portland a few minutes late. I headed off to the MAX station to take the MAX to Nathan's. George was going to meet us at Nathan's and we were to do lunch. Nathan had been curious about a vegan cheese restaurant close to his apartment. I got to the Goose Hollow MAX stop around 2 pm. George had just arrived as well so we walked to the restaurant. I ordered a curried carrot soup and avocado toast. Nathan had a B (bacon flavored mushrooms) LT and mac & cheese and George had a Caprese salad. He said that his cheese did not taste like mozzarella. Nathan's mac & cheese was quite tasty. My meal was good too. But it was 3 pm before they brought us our meal. That was a little long to wait if you ask me. We are thinking that it is not likely that we will go back.
After lunch we headed home. I got home around 4 pm. Started laundry and then went for a walk in the nice cool spring afternoon.
What a nice week I had but it is good to get home. The Florida gang will all start driving home on Sunday.
It was rainy in Atlanta on the way out to Florida and it is rainy today. I had a short walk this time. I had to go from T to A but I could only go on the connecting train. No way to walk between those concourses.
I watched an interesting altercation. When I was getting off the plane a woman was chasing after some guy "Mike, Mike ..." He kept walking - was he ignoring her or didn't hear her. Anyway she finally got his attention. He says "I'm NOT going ... NO ..." The argument continued. Finally they stopped and had a very intense conversation. Face to face argument but in a quiet voice. Finally when I walked by for the last time just before my flight was going to board they looked like they might be getting some resolution. Body language showed some connection. I have no idea what it was about, but it was entertaining as I was pacing. I hope they worked it all out.
We had a slight delay leaving Atlanta. So I got into Portland a few minutes late. I headed off to the MAX station to take the MAX to Nathan's. George was going to meet us at Nathan's and we were to do lunch. Nathan had been curious about a vegan cheese restaurant close to his apartment. I got to the Goose Hollow MAX stop around 2 pm. George had just arrived as well so we walked to the restaurant. I ordered a curried carrot soup and avocado toast. Nathan had a B (bacon flavored mushrooms) LT and mac & cheese and George had a Caprese salad. He said that his cheese did not taste like mozzarella. Nathan's mac & cheese was quite tasty. My meal was good too. But it was 3 pm before they brought us our meal. That was a little long to wait if you ask me. We are thinking that it is not likely that we will go back.
After lunch we headed home. I got home around 4 pm. Started laundry and then went for a walk in the nice cool spring afternoon.
What a nice week I had but it is good to get home. The Florida gang will all start driving home on Sunday.
Glad you got home safely.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home Barbara!
ReplyDelete