Sunday, December 3, 2023

Saturday in Albuquerque

 We went to bed early last night.  But unfortunately, I woke up extra early this morning.  

 The Embassy Suites are nice because they have a living room and a bedroom.  So when I got up early I could do my coffee and blog without disturbing Debbie.  Debbie gave me some Kuju pour-over coffee packets.  Very interesting.  It may end out being my new travel coffee system, at least for my India trip next year.

My coffee set up.  No muss no fuss!

We headed down for breakfast aroun 7 am.

Our hotel

After breakfast we headed to a close Starbucks.  It was 32 degrees out, but we decided to walk to Starbucks anyway.  it was only 3 blocks away.  It is the only Starbucks I have been to that had no chairs.  I guess it is in a bad neighborhood and they have had problems. We did not stay long.


We decided to head into Old Town to ramble around.  We poked in some shops and found a few fun things.  I had to download the Passport Parking App so that we could park the car.  

A purple tree in one of the stores.  

We may have to go back and spend more time there.  We had to head out to get to Steve and Jennifer's by 11:30 am for lunch.  

Steve drove us to The Indigo Crow for lunch.  It was about 1/2 hour away.  

Debbie had the Catalina salad.  Very interesting presentation.  It was quite yummy. I got a taste.

I had a delicious grilled chicken BLT and beet salad.  It was also very good.  Jennifer had the beet salad with salmon and Steve had the apple, walnut salad.  
Steve & Jennifer's place

After we got back to Steve & Jennifer's, Debbie and I headed back to hotel.  She had a chance to go down to the exercise room and I relaxed.  

Debbie had arranged to meet up with Lynn for dinner.  Lynn is Steve's ex-wife.  They were together at the time that Debbie came to live with them when our mom died. Debbie has kept up with her.  


Debbie and I went down to the lounge to wait for Lynn to arrive and to wait for the lounge to open up.  

Lynn and Debbie

Once the lounge opened up we each ordered a glass of wine. It was nice catching up. At 6 pm I headed out to meet Steve and Jennifer to go to dinner.  Debbie went to dinner with Lynn. We went to High Noon.  

I had a veggie burrito.  It was very good.

Once we both got back to the room we went down to get a glass of wine and then watched When Harry Met Sally.  That was fun.  I pointed out Katz's Deli to Debbie when we came to that scene.  

2 comments: