Saturday, March 9, 2024

Day 4 in Kodai

 

 
See the crescent moon and morning star?


No Paul Z this morning.  Shankar has brought us our coffee every morning.


 
Even little kids seem to enjoy the sunrise.

Don asked for pomegranate 

I asked for papaya 

Carolyn's full plate

They brought out granola bars and yogurt again.  I had my pancakes and egg.  This was a very substantial breakfast.








Saying good-bye was hard. So many good memories.  Don and Carla went one direction. They were going to see elephants and then to see lions, tigers, and bears (oh my).  Actually, I do not think that there are any bears in south India.  The rest all piled into the same 14 passengers mini-bus that we had before.  They had a few additions to balance out those of us who were not returning on that vehicle.

After saying good-byes, George and I heading on a walk.  My two goals were to find "my house" and to go to Bear Shola.  We had a nice walk.  I wasn't sure if I could find it.  

The bund




Adorable kitten

We did find our place but it was totally unrecognizable. Look at the "Our Homes" page


We tried to go to Bear Shola.  But we found out that it has been closed for 4 years.  Apparently, it is blocked off and is a residential area.  The forest department has it closed off, due to wild animals.



We checked out Spencers.  It is nearly closed and only have a few items left on their shelves.


Not much clearance between vehicles

We haven't figured out what the white dots on the road are for.

We met Ros and Carolyn for lunch at 12:45 pm

I had mushroom risotto

Lime water with Kodai honey, at the bottom until you mix it in.

George had a vegetable sandwich

My "work" station

It looks like our clothes on the line.

George and I decided to walk to the budge.  

This is where my travel buddies and I ate in 2016



We had a request for a photo, but they wanted it on my phone.  That did not make sense.

We did not do any shopping. We decided to explore a different way back to the Villa.  Luckily Google maps was working on George's phone.  It is so weird.  When he has internet, I don't and vis versa. The way we went back was so nice because there was no traffic.
The Villa is on this street and I have seen it spelled 4 different ways. Noise, Noice, Noyce, and Noyes.  Who knows which way is correct.

We got word that Don and Carla had made it to Thekkady to watch the elephants splashing and eating.  
Carla made a new friend

Others made it to Madurai and went to the Meenakshi Temple (no photos allowed).  I don't know what everyone is doing so I will stop posting about them, unless they send me stuff. I had a great time reconnecting with the class.  We have such a good group.

Jewel and Tim made it safely to Chennai.  Then they are off to Pune and Mumbai.  The same places we will be going.  We should have coordinated our trips.  
                                                   

You can see where we were with the Muslim towers.


We met Ros and Carolyn for dinner at 7 pm. 

They mixed up my order.  I ordered the BBQ grilled chicken with mashed potatoes.  What I got was delicious but it definitely was not BBQ grilled chicken with mashed potatoes.

Shadab is the chef.

Raindrop: Chef's creation inspired by Japanese tradition, tender coconut jelly infused with mint and melon, palm jaggery reduction, and salted walnut pebbles. Very interesting.

Coffee brulee with biscotti 

George had the brownie and lemon vanilla ice cream and butterscotch.

Shadab also played the guitar.  He did a couple of Beatles songs.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget, what is Bear Shola? The brownies and ice cream look great, very traditional!

    ReplyDelete