Sunday, March 10, 2024

Day 5 in Kodai

 



Looks fake 

Ahhhhhh!

This was today's breakfast fruits. 

I had my usual 2 pancakes with Kodai honey, 1 egg and filter coffee.  If there were an easy way to get it home, I would buy the Kodai honey to take home.


We had our laundry done yesterday.  Picked it up today and I am one t-shirt short.  The trouble is that the system is set up poorly.  Just took over a bag of clothes.  They did not have a sheet to write down what we were dropping off.  They said that I dropped off 9 items when I actually dropped off 10 items.  But I can't argue with them since I did not have anything in writing about what I dropped off.  So it is a lost shirt.  I guess it made room for what I bought.  I bought an Indian kurta for travel.


Morning sweepers 


The church right next door to the Villa. It used to be the Union Church, now it is a Christ the King Church.


Traffic jam.  Of course all of the vehicles around were honking their horns, like that would help.



We were on our way to church at the school.  The service was at 10 am. We got there a few minutes early.  
Line of parked buses and the only bit of sidewalk on the left.  That is also the place that people park cars.  We figured out what the white circles were.  If parking your vehicle you are supposed to have it outside the white circles.

Manjusha and me



Wissy girls singing praise songs.  Wissy used to be the boys dorm.

They had a guest preacher.  I did not catch his name.  His theme was Divine Direction (4 parts: direction, intervention, instruction and dedication).  Is that what others got?  Bruce and Ann sat right behind us.  There were not many people in church.  Back when we went to Kodai it was a requirement. 

After church we walked across the street to a market.  I wanted to find another kurta for travel.  I did find one (actually 2).  


Notice the different varieties of bananas.


Electrician's delight.

We had lunch at the Villa.  We are not really branching out.  This is too convenient. 

George and I split the veggie burger sandwich and we each had tomato & corn soup.  It was quite tasty.

We spent the afternoon relaxing and getting organized because we are leaving in the morning.

Bruce and Ann came over for happy hour in Ros & Carolyn's room.  We had some snacks and some rum.  


We pre-ordered our dinner but I do not think that that sped things up any.  I ordered the BBQ chicken and mashed potatoes.  
This was very good but not what I would call BBQ.  It was more like gravy.  

We had a very nice visit with Ann and Bruce.  I am glad that they could join us.

1 comment: