Monday, March 18, 2024

Home Sweet Home

Mumbai airport. George helped me find a place that I could get a glass of wine.


Wine always helps my blogging. ;-)

Note the pigeons on the sign

 We left Mumbai on time at 2:30 am on March 18th, Mumbai Time.  9-hour and 35-minute flying time to Amsterdam. We had 2 fairly nondescript meals on the flight. We had to go through security again in Amsterdam, even though we were just transferring.  They have a handy system for going through security but it still was a pain.  We had a 2-hour layover so we had plenty of time.
No artwork in the Amsterdam airport so I took a picture of these trees.

This was the best meal of the ones we got and now I can't remember if this was on the first leg or the second.  They all ran together.  

We left Amsterdam at 9:15 am on March 18th Amsterdam Time. This was a 9-hour and 47-minute flight.  So our total flight time was 19 hours and 22 minutes.  

Today was a gorgeous day to fly into Portland.  The mountains were clear.
Mt Rainier 

Mt St Helens

Rainier and St Helens

Rainer, St Helens and I think, Baker
Mt Hood

We landed in Portland at 11:50 am Portland Time.  I haven't had to go through customs in Portland in the new area.  We had to take a shuttle bus to the main terminal.  I don't know if this is the permanent location of international flights or a temporary one, but it was different. 

The weather was perfect in Portland.  It felt so good after the heat in Mumbai.  

We got on the MAX to head home.  


Downtown Cherry blossoms are in full bloom

Joyce met us at the Beaverton Transit Center.  That was nice.  It feels good to be home.

My feet swell even with compression socks.

Now there is all that catch-up stuff to do: laundry, go through the mail, unpack, and say hi to the cats!  

Now I am going to go on a walk!  Still sounds of wood chippers and chain saws.  

2 comments: