Sunday, March 17, 2024

Last Day in Mumbai

 Our last sunrise in India.



Last night we were calling for room service for my glass of wine.  The phone had dial tone but when we tried to use the number pad for room service it did not work. I had to use my phone to call the hotel and then to be directed to room service.  I reported that the phone wasn't working.  They came up to "fix" the phone.  They told us that, of course, the number pad did not work, just use the speed dial buttons off to the right!! Perfectly obvious!! NOT.  Well, I did get my glass of wine, a local Sula Sauvignon Blanc, It came with potato chips.  Then ended out being my dinner.


I had a nice HOT shower.  That was fabulous.  

Weird bathroom with glass doors that were easy to run into at night in the dark.



They have this great feature.  You can open the blinds to the bathroom so that from the bedroom you can watch whoever is using the toilet or shower. Ugh.  We saw this design in Europe quite often.  I have never understood the appeal. I guess I just am not cool.

We went down for breakfast.  I had a delicious omelet.

Sonu picked us up at 1 pm.  Actually he was early.  He generally has been early. He drove us to Rebecca's place.  Once there we walked to a close restaurant. The Cafe Te Amo.  Note the STEEP stair to go in.  Certainly not wheel chair accessible.  The kitchen is down below.


Rebecca with her mocha



I got cheesy fries

I was not overly impressed with the sandwich.

India's version of 7 UP and Coke

We stopped at McDonalds to order "burgers" for Marry and her Grandmother.  Burgers are chicken patties.  No beef here. 


 If you can zoom in on the sandwich choices the list is pretty extensive.  This is only one page of possibilities.

  We took the sandwiches back to Marry's place and hung out for a while.  It was slightly uncomfortable because we were taking over the "boys" bedroom. George had fun playing with the dogs.

If Rebecca were to get mail they would just put it on this shelf

Marry with a 3rd dog (hopefully it will not be staying)

Sultan with Royal


The view from Rebecca's balcony


Marry and Guru were going to join us on our outing to the Gateway of India.  It also looked like Marry was inviting others as well so we arranged for 2 vehicles.  But that all fell through so we cancelled the 2nd vehicle.  Marry was not feeling well so it was just the 3 of us.    


Rebecca's (Marry's) building

Sonu was our driver again.  He came to Rebecca's at 4 pm and drove us to the Gateway of India and dropped us off.







The Gateway of India.  We got there around 5 pm


The Taj Mahal Hotel






Starbucks connected to the Taj Mahal Hotel


I had my filter coffee


We went in to the Taj Mahal Hotel.  What an impressive place.






Then we walked to Pizza Express for dinner



Tandoori Chicken Pizza with mozzarella, geen chillies, yellow peppers

G.O.A.T. pizza - goat cheese, mozzarella, spinach, caramelized onions & garlic. 

They were both very good. Rebecca took the left-over chicken pizza with her.


We called Sonu to let him know that we were ready.  We met him at the petrol stop across the street.  Even crossing at a light it was challenging.

Then Sonu took us to the airport.
Note the number of people on the scooter

Horseless carriage

String of lights.  You can't tell it but they are all the green, white, orange of the Indian flag.  It was very pretty.


The Mumbai airport



Sonu.  The most helpful, patient, accomodating driver.
  
He then took Rebecca home.

We got all checked in but our flight was not until 2:30 am.  I was able to join some of the Southminster church service on zoom.  I stayed on long enough to hear both handbells songs.  That was fun.  I didn't finish because I wasn't sure how long it would take us to go through the security line.  It was very long when we were going from an international flight to a domestic one.  I was afraid that it would be the same way.  But it wasn't.

George helped me to find a place that I could get a glass of wine.  So now I am working on my blog with a glass of Sula Sauvignon blanc.  The Internet is very slow.  I am hoping to post.



The people on our left kept drinking beer and burping the woman to the right was on her phone - non stop talking.  Lots of mosquitos around.  

3 comments:

  1. Nice way to end your visit...safe travels from me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of Rebecca, thanks for sharing! I'm glad you were able to catch the church service.

    ReplyDelete