Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy July 4th

We had a "relaxed" morning (if that is what you call it), then we went in to town to stake out territory where we would be able to watch the parade.
Such big helpers making pancakes

Ben was flying a kite at the park

Wilhelm and Laura taking a break
kids ready with their bags

mad scramble for candy
full bags

It was a long parade.  
followed by DQ then home.  

Jeanne and I went grocery shopping and the rest went down to the lake.  Then bath time and dinner.  This time the kids ate first and then went down stairs and watched a movie while the adults ate. They came up for birthday cake (3 July birthdays, Robbie, Sean and Laura) and gifts.  

Then the kids all headed off to bed.  I got goodnight & goodbye hugs and kisses from everyone. I might not see them in the morning.  They all are very sweet kids. All in all I think they all did very well together.  It was a pleasure to be with them all.  I am glad that I was included.  They really all make me feel like part of the family.  I may be exhausted but that does not mean that it was not fun. 

Jeanne and I will leave about 7 am.  It will be a long travel day for me but well worth the trip.




4 comments:

  1. I went to our neighborhood parade here, but it was the other way around: children in the parade throwing candy to the people along the parade route (mostly adults). No National Guard trucks. Families had decorated little floats on wagons. Lots of bikes and the usual kid-sized electric cars. A couple of them hadn't been charged overnight, so parents were pulling them on ropes with the kids inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sounds like a satisfying trip all around - what a nice way to celebrate the 4th! Have a good journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure sounds like a satisfying trip all around - what a nice way to celebrate the 4th! Have a good journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a great trip!

    ReplyDelete