Sunrise
There have been a lot of lighthouses
The sign in the cafeteria
I had 1 pancake, 1 egg and 1 order of bacon. Nice way to start the day.
We sure are passing some beautiful scenery. Very unpopulated. This also means no Internet service. It comes and goes, very unpredictably. This also means that it is very slow with uploading my pictures to Google photos.
We walked, played cards, played bananagrams, and took pictures. I found that it is 300 steps around on the deck that we pretty much stay on. This is the deck with the cafeteria, the bar, the chairs with tables, and the comfy lounge chairs. Our roomette is up one floor. My goal was 50 laps by the end of the day. They have a whole stack of puzzles and games for people to enjoy. We tried some of them.
We aren't really close enough to tell but these whales are bubble feeding.
Addenbroke Light Station - I guess this is mentioned in some murder mystery.
This has been confusing.
For lunch I had the veggie burger and fries.
As we started getting closer to Vancouver Island our Internet was better but it still is spotty. We would get a few texts or messages and then it would cut out again.
We aren't sure what this construction is.
The Gold Rush really wasn't very long.
Logging.
We had lime margaritas today.
A few of the many lighthouses.
The July 4th dinner special was BBQ ribs and chicken, mac & cheese, baked beans, corn, and potatoes. Wow. Plus they had some free appetizers and desserts. What a ton of food all for $13. I got it and shared with George and Nathan. They ate the mac & cheese, potatoes and baked beans. The corn was good but I wasn't impressed with the BBQ. I realized after I was done that there was BBQ sauce to put on it. Oh well.
We headed to the bar for our evening wine and games. We started with scrabble. 2 women came in and we talked about how we preferred bananagrams. They both love bananagrams so we asked if the wanted to join us. We played a few rounds with them. They were a lot of fun to play with and they did not seem to play by "our house" rules.
By the end of the day I managed to do my steps!! I did not think that I would make it.
When we went back to the room we tried to get organized for tomorrow morning. We are scheduled to disembark at 7 am Alaska time. I need to shower and have my coffee in the morning. And to finish up this blog entry.





















The photos are awesome - so beautiful! Nice you got your steps in :)
ReplyDeleteI agree - your photos are awesome...as is the scenery!
ReplyDelete