it was a drissly day
This was an odd "paining" It went around the room starting with flat paintings on the wall of a procession and as the progressed they became more 3 dimensional. Interesting. At the end they were statues.
We could not take pictures of the crowned jewels or the war memorial. They did have a bunch of books out that you could look through to find family names.
a lot of swords
I will have to find out more about Malcolm IV the Maiden.
our guide.
Then we went to Rosslyn Chapel - oddly enough it is in the town of Roslin. Not sure why. Rosslyn Chapel became famous because of the Da Vinci Code. It was about a 1/2 hour drive away.
Still a functioning chapel
The curators though the years could be buried on site.
a large grave stone.
small break. Nathan had hot chocolate and I had carrot orange soup that was quite tasty
Well I have to stop now. Tonight we are going out for a Scottish Show with Dinner. It will be a late night and then tomorrow morning we have an early start so I may not have a chance to blog until tomorrow night.
No buddy system. I don't think that it would work with such a large group. And we have a lot of extra optional activities.
The food photos look good!
ReplyDelete