Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Another Travel Day All Day!

I said good-bye to everyone last night thinking that no one would be up this morning.  But Liam and Robbie both joined me for my morning cup of coffee.  By the time Jeanne and I left at 7 am only Erin, Tristan and Wilhelm were still asleep.  Jeanne drove me to the shuttle stop.  (2 hours) We were a little late leaving because our driver was a chatty fellow and he saw someone he knew.  (supposed to be a 3 hour drive) Then there was construction traffic.  Ugh.  The shuttle was supposed to arrive at Minneapolis airport at 12:35 pm which would give me plenty of time to go through security for a 2 pm flight.  But at 12:35 we were still a half hour away from the airport.  Also I did not realize how long it takes in the shuttle to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2.  I got to terminal 2 at 1:30 pm. Luckily not only did I not need to check a bag but I had TSA Pre Check and it was a very short line so I got to my gate with 10 whole minutes to spare before boarding.  Pam, I DO NOT like to cut it this close.
scenery along the way in Minnesota.  I thought it was interesting because the way the clouds are it looks like there is a mountain there.  But there is not.

wine bottle chandelier 

This is my 3rd airlines for the vacation.  To Minneapolis on Sun Country, to and from Chicago on Delta and now home on Southwest.

I "stole" a bunch of food from Jeanne so I will not need to buy lunch or dinner. 

 I have 2 hours to kill in Denver so I am enjoying a glass of Pinot Gris and working on my blog. This is the first time ever that my next flight out is at the same gate I came in on so I do not have far to walk.

I will tack on a brief note when I actually make it home.  



2 comments:

  1. I'd have been a nervous wreck lol. Glad it all worked out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a trooper! Hope the rest of your trip is uneventful. It will be good to have you back home!

    ReplyDelete