Tuesday, July 6, 2021

All about the kids

We got a little earlier start this morning.  We walked up to the Corner Bakery.  I was not very impressed.  So, I ate the rest of my breakfast sandwich from yesterday, instead.
Outside the hotel, believe it or not this is a high heel.
We walked to the apartment.
Tying "grandma" up.  Nathan was helping Ella.

We decided to go to one of the close parks.
Crepe Myrtle on the way to Dawson Park.

Sharon drove Ella and Linda to the park and the rest of us walked.  We did this because Linda was going to have to get to the airport early.

Jamie, Nathan, Sharon, Pam, Linda and Ella


Quite the climbing structure. I even climbed around.  It was fun.
Coming out of the slide
Cousins are all kids together. Linda, Nathan and Sharon.

Fun for all ages. Sharon left with Linda.  It was great seeing her.  She is in grad school in Michigan.
It was a long walk home. Nathan has Ella on his shoulders for a while but then she wanted Grandma.
We were all worn out.

All except Ella. She got her nap on the walk home. The pizza that was ordered yesterday arrived.  Great.  

 Nicole was up so we all got a turn holding her. 
Nathan's turn
My turn
We got George in the selfie.
Grandpa Jamie with Nicole


George's turn
We wore her out. Michael's turn.

Around 2:30 pm Jamie and Pam headed downstairs to get an Uber to the airport.  We went back to the hotel when they left.  
Around 4 pm we headed back to the apartment.  

Ella is awake. 
Again, Again!!

We ordered dinner and then George, Nathan and I walked to go get the food.  The food was delicious.  Their apartment is in a very good location with close parks, restaurants, metro, library, stores and movie theater.  So much within easy walking distance.  Ella's preschool and Nicole's nanny share are both very close.  Both Michael and Sharon work from home.

We left soon after dinner to go back to the hotel. I have been having computer issues.  Luckily, George has been able to help fixing most of them.   But, I think that we have decided that my tablet is on its last legs.  I always find this frustrating.  My blogging has been much slower because I am having to do most of it from the phone.  I can't figure out how to do spell check so please excuse the errors.  Today was a much hotter day than it has been.  Mostly the weather has been pretty good.

3 comments:

  1. It was great seeing you! I enjoyed our card game even though I lost :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great family time together...great play structure...interesting history of the stilleto bench sculpture...loved all of the photos and especially the ones of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The children are precious! The neighborhood great for your visit with little people.

    ReplyDelete