We got an early start this morning. We had decided to go to the Theodore Roosevelt Park. We wanted to go before it got too hot.
We are waiting for the Lyft ride
The lighting was wrong to get a good view of the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument.
The park is a small island. The only way across is a foot bridge.
This vehicle bridge goes over the island
See the frog
2 birds, may be egrets (I wish I had a better zoom)
Someone had made a little house.
We got a Lyft ride home. That was nice because it was starting to get hot. We went back to the hotel room to hang out for a little while. We were meeting Sharon and Michael for lunch at 11:30 am. Michael was off but Sharon had a half hour lunch break. The kids were off at their various locations. Ella is in a preschool and Nicole was at the nanny share home. We pick up the pre-ordered meal on our way to their apartment. Luckily, we left the hotel a little early to pick up the lunch because even though we placed the order for 11:15 am, because it came from Nathan's computer, it came through as an order for 2:15 pm!! They got it ready for us pretty quickly. We got to the apartment right at 11:30 am. We left at noon, so that Sharon could get back to work. It was nice seeing them one last time.
We went back to the hotel and packed up to go to the airport. We had requested late check out so it worked perfectly. We got a Lyft to the airport. We had a bunch of left-over wine and cheese that we had not wanted to throw away. We sat at some chairs in the airport before the security line and had our wine, cheese and crackers.
A nice view while we had our snack. Not quite the same as some other wine glass pictures I have taken.
We went through security and to our gate. It was not a long line to go through security. Our flight to Columbus was only about an hour with American Airlines. Rob (George's brother) met us at the Columbus airport.
Nathan with Mucci.
Once we had settled in and relaxed a bit we headed out for dinner. We drove to Delaware for dinner. Delaware is a cute small town not too far away. We went to Bun's Restaurant for dinner.
I had Chicken Monteray with mashed potatoes and salad. George and Rob had the special stuffed Tilapia and Nathan had cheese ravioli and linguini. We were eating in a covered outdoor area. There was a breeze, which helped. Then we walked around Delaware.
Gelato for dessert. Nathan and I shared the Buckeye flavor (peanut butter with chocolate specks). It was good.
Apparently several towns are starting to adopt the DORA notion. You can buy a drink "to go" and wander around with it. Delaware started this. You have to stay within a designated area. Other towns are calling it Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area.
Then we drove back to Rob & Lisa's.
Lisa and George in front of Rob and Lisa's house. We are taking Mucci for a walk.
Sunset
Fireflies!!! Yahoo. I tried taking a movie of them. Maybe I will add a movie later. I always like fireflies or lightening bugs. George caught one.
Everyone was ready to crash. I started working on the blog. It takes a while since I am having to do it on my phone. But George did get it set up so that I can use my bluetooth keyboard. That is so much better.


We went around the whole island.










Nice you got out early for a walk in that great park. Delaware looks like a fun town!
ReplyDeleteBuckeye flavor gelato sounds delicious, yum!
ReplyDelete