Friday, July 2, 2021

To DC to visit family

George, Nathan and I headed off to DC for a family visit.  We took the MAX to the airport which worked out very well.  There was not a long line to go through security.  I had TSA Pre chk. Nathan had gotten there earlier so he was waiting for us. We were going to visit my niece and her husband and their 2 little ones.  We had not met Nicole yet.  Jamie (my younger brother) and Pam (his wife) had arrived earlier.  

This plane was a new plane but they have giving up with the individual TV for each seat.  Now they assume that you will use your computer.  I never could get my netbook to work to watch a movie.  There were a lot of movie choices.
   
Nice view of Mt Hood.

We were a little late leaving Portland and then we were also a little late pulling into our gate.  We got a Lyft to go to my niece's place.  They had ordered take-out Indian food.  It was all delicious.  Ella was still up but Nicole had gone to bed.  

Yippee!  We are in DC.

The front of the apartment.  They actually are in Arlington.

Michael and Ella

They are in the same building as when we visited last time but they are in a larger apartment.  It is very nice.

After dinner and relaxation we walked back to the hotel.  It is about 1/2 mile away.  We got checked in.  While we were relaxing I decided to go downstairs and get a glass of wine.  I asked for red wine.  It was on the counter but the person helping me was looking in their refrigerator.  Then she pulled out a martini glass.  Oh well.  

Linda was due to arrive at 10:30 pm from Michigan.  She is in grad school.  She is Jamie and Pam's younger daughter.  We will see her tomorrow too.
 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you arrived safely! Nice setting the locales shots...Ella is mighty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pics of Mt. Hood and the Washington Monument to bookend your travel day. Do you think you will be able to see any fireworks in DC on the 4th? We'll probably be watching on PBS.

    ReplyDelete