Riffe Lake Overlook was very scenic.
View of the Mt Rainier (or Mt Tacoma) from the motel in Packwood
In front of our room at the motel. After checking in we drove on up the the park to get at least one walk in before dinner.
We headed to the Ohanapecosh Area Trails.
Sure is pretty
Silver Falls
After checking out the falls we walked the trail a ways.
We found an overlook view point
We checked out the Ohanapecosh campgrounds. Looks a lot like Honeyman State Park in Oregon.
"Gosh, they have wifi here!" "No, mom, that's the direction to the amphitheater."
Kids swimming in the stream!! Brrrr! It is glacier water.
Then we drove back to Packwood for dinner. Not a lot of choices. In fact, there were only 2 choices.
We ate at the Blue Spruce Saloon. Food was ok. Not necessarily one I would hurry to go back to.
I had a patty melt.
I wonder if there was a fancy car gathering near by.
We headed back to the motel. We hope to get an early start in the morning.
Full moon just coming over the mountain.

















Looks beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous area!
ReplyDeleteLove the amphitheater/wi-fi bit! 😊
ReplyDeleteWhen I was 13, I was one of those kids out on the boulder in the stream and I can definitely attest to the fact that it is glacier water! We were on a road trip to Canada and had stopped for the night at the Ohanapecosh campground. Not a name I will easily forget.
ReplyDelete