Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Ketchikan - Wednesday part 1

Our roomette once the beds were set up.  We will leave them this way until the last day.  We don't spend much time in the cabins.



These cabins were not available when we made our reservation.






People kept seeing orcas.  I just have seen some spouts.

Coming in to Ketchikan.  At least I have internet here.



Otter

Interesting sign.  It took me a while to connect that it spells LSA.

Once we got off the ferry we took a bus part way to town, so that we could walk the Rainbird Trail.





Sculpture in front of the college

They weren't kidding.



Great trail


It was very beautiful.  



The second half of the trail was maintained, with a much better path.




Looking down to the harbor

The trees were quite different on the second half.  

I was getting pretty tired. The trail ended close to the public library.  I asked that we stop there so that I could use their Internet and charge my phone.  I realized that I had brought the wrong charging cord so the library helped me with that as well.  I got all of my pictures uploaded to Google photos.  

Library

It was lunch time.  We waited for the bus which was supposed to come by.  Nope.  We called for an Uber. Nope. So we walked down the hill to the harbor for lunch.  


Squid mail box

A church with totem pole.

We ended out going to Annabelle's Famous Keg and Chowder House.



Old One Armed Bandit.

I had a cheeseburger.

Nathan had a salmon chowder bread bowl and George had a regular clam chowder and salad.  It hit the spot.  Annabelle's was right across from a cruise ship landing.


This time we called a cab.  We were not having any luck with the bus or Uber.

We got to the ferry right on time.  We were supposed to be back at 2:30 pm and it was 2:15 pm.  

I wanted to blog while I could. We do not stop at any towns tomorrow so I am guessing that I will not be able to send anything.  

1 comment: