Friday, July 24, 2015

The train to Edinburgh - July 24

We are on the train to Edinburgh.  I was quite stressed getting to the train.  The Underground was supposed to take 10 minutes.  Our train was to leave at 9:30 am.  We had to walk to the underground and we knew we had to find the train at King’s cross.  We had to get our tickets at will call and we had to turn in our oyster cards for a refund. So calculating back, we thought leaving the hotel at 8:15 am should give us  plenty of time.  First glitch came when we tried to enter the underground.  They had closed the gate to enter due to some construction/emergency problem – Then it open but it was rush hour and  there were masses of people to slow us down as well.  Of course we were carrying all of our luggage.  Then we got on the right underground.  That part did take just 10 min.  But when we got to Kings Cross it was 9 am already. We found the place to get the will call tickets.  Nathan went off to try to turn in the oyster cards for a refund.  He was not successful.  Long line and then problems with the machine.  Plus I had texted him saying the train had arrived.  They have a terrible system here.  You stand in the main station near a screen that tells you which platform your train will come in on.  Once it arrives you have 10 minutes to run to the platform, find the right coach, store your luggage and find your seat.  So we were nervously waiting for Nathan to return.  I hate that rushing thing, afraid that we would miss the train.  Well we made it.  Now I can relax.  We will be on the train until 2:15 pm.  I am using my phone mobile hotspot.  
my lunch

I don't know what the wifi situation will be in Edinburgh.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds stressful but glad everyone made it onto the train OK. The lunch beverage should aid in the de-stressing process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wild and crazy process this morning! I bet you were much happier after your lunch on the train. Nice that your phone mobile hotspot is working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I would have been a nervous wreck for sure! Glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete