We got mostly packed up and then headed over to Linda and Aaron's at 9 am.
Sonata's new best friend
We headed to the Wicker Park Farmers Market, which happens every Sunday from May to October.
I have never seen purple cauliflower.
We wandered around looking for what we wanted for breakfast. I guess the donuts are the big attraction, but I was not in the mood to have a donut. I wanted something savory.
I got the scrambled egg one. I also bought the jackfruit one. We have had quite the discussion here on jackfruit vs durian. I decided to be brave and test my memory of the smell of jackfruit. I am guessing that what I smelled in the stalls in India was durian and not jackfruit. But they sold both in India. Anyway, this was a BBQ Jackfruit and it wasn't bad. It would have been better with a better recipe of BBQ sauce.
George got a brownie
Nathan got a more traditional kouign-amann.
Having our breakfast by the fountain.
Love her outfit with matching purse.
Squirting water with a squirt gun into the fountain.
A traditional raclette experience. I don't know if you can zoom in to see the bubbling melting cheese.
After Linda and Aaron did a little produce shopping we walked back to their place.
We played a round of 7, 6, 5. This time Aaron was the winner.
When Linda and Aaron left to go to a dog obedience class with Sonata we all left to go to lunch. Aaron recommended Lottie's Pub. It is the bar which is used as Molly's in Chicago Fire.
Remember this.
Too bad the trees are in the way, but this was the house used in that episode of Chicago Fire.
"Cool" purple house.
Lottie's Pub
If we hadn't been pressed for time I would have had a Mollys beer. It was noon when we got the pub and we needed to check out and get on our way by 1 pm. We had arranged for late check out at 1 pm instead of noon. We got to the hotel at 12:55 pm and we were locked out of our room! We had to go get a new key to get in, so that we could check out. We were on the Blue Line train to the airport by 1:15 pm. We got to the airport in plenty of time.
We left Chicago about 15 minutes late but we made up the time and arrived in Cleveland pretty close to on time. It was a short flight but I thought that I had time for a glass of wine. Darn. I didn't have the correct App or whatever to buy it. Luckily, the flight attendant was nice and gave me the wine anyway.
We went to pick up our rental car. Then headed out. We had arranged to meet Ben, Erin and kids at a Lebanese restaurant in Independence, Aladdin. Erin had heard that it was good.
Tired Sean, he has been at an exhausting scout camp. (I think)
Ben, Robbie and Nathan.
Davey and Robbie
Erin and Robbie
Beb, Sean, Davey, Robbie, and Erin (Erin sent me this picture later)
They all had dessert and we had dinner. The desserts looked good but I wouldn't recommend the pita wraps.
We stopped at a Giant Eagle grocery store to pick up breakfast stuff. We weren't sure what the plan was.
We got to the Punderson State Park at 10 pm Oho time. It felt like a long day. Dorothy and Ed met us at the lodge with our cabin keys. They directed us to the cabins. These are nice cabins. More on that tomorrow.





























.jpg)



Glad you got to the airport on time. It was a fun weekend.
ReplyDelete