Joyce picked me up a little after 11 am to go to Sharon's home where we met up with Judy, Kris, and Sharon. Barbara S. had called me earlier to say that she was sick and would not be joining us. That was disappointing. We were heading out to Lincoln City for our summer beach weekend. Joyce, Kris, and Judy drove. Sharon went with Kris. We drove down to the Willamette Valley Pie Company for lunch. They are famous around here for their pies. We were checking out their lunch.
What an out-of-the-way place. I was sure that our GPS was leading us astray. We got there about 1 pm. Everyone ordered the chicken pot pie except for me. I had the turkey sandwich. The pot pies looked small. I just had half of my sandwich. They had a cute little store as well. Before we left we bought a marionberry pie to take to the beach with us.
Next stop was Andante Vineyard for wine tasting. It was a very pretty spot.
We sat under the covered area.
The website said that walk-ins were welcome but when we got there we found that walk-ins might be welcome but they might not always be able to have a tasting. We could order wine and food.
Joyce ordered the barata and bread.
Judy ordered the strawberry short cake
Sharon and I each ordered the Sauvignon Blanc and Kris ordered the rose. It was a very pretty color. I bought a bottle of the Sauvignon Blanc to share at the beach.
We headed out to Lincoln City. It started to rain. Joyce and I stopped for gas and a grocery store to get ice cream for the pie. We ended out arriving at the beach house before the other 2 cars had finished unloading.
Nice spacious living room
Great view of the ocean. Since it was raining we did not explore the beach access. This house has plenty of beds so I actually got a bed this time instead of the couch.
The plan for dinner was to have appetizers. So everyone brought food to share.
I brought sweet potatoes crostini (baked sweet potato slices with chevre cheese and pomegranate)

Quite the spread. Kris brought spanakopita and Sharon provided shrimp cocktail from Barnacle Bills. Judy and Joyce brought all kinds of nuts, crackers, and cheeses. After all of that we had no room for the pie and ice cream.
It rained all evening.





















It rained a little in Portland, too, which we needed.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great potluck dinner!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a nice beach house
ReplyDelete