Nathan, George S, Martin, and Robbie all played pickleball, though they didn't all make it out to the courts by 8 am. The rest of us worked at packing up and visiting. George W went on a walk with Rob & Lisa over to a different lake which Lisa said was pretty swampy.
Check out was at 11 and we were right on time leaving. Most of us went to Zeppe's after checking out. Dorothy, Ed, Paul, and Martha all stopped by to say goodbye but they did not stay. The food was good but I couldn't eat all of mine. Nathan and I shared Brussels sprouts and potato skins and we each had a salad. George had a salad.
Chicken salad that was very tasty.
It was about 12:30 pm when we left the restaurant. Everyone headed off in different directions. We went to the Cuyahoga National Park to walk the ledges trail. Wow. Pretty impressive.

A bride going for a photo shoot.
A groom waiting for his bride.
A death defying leap
The bride caught up with the groom. We kept hearing the photographer say, "Kiss her again."
After exploring that area, we drove over to another section of the park to see the Brandywine Falls.
At this point, we decided that it was time to head off to the airport. We got to the airport at 4:30 pm for a 6:55 pm flight. It is a good thing that we got here early. Going through security was no fun. They definitely did not like my electric tea kettle and my netbook. No TSA precheck. Since I am 75 and do not have health issues, I had to go through a different line. Crazy. They frisked both Nathan and George. Plus the AC was not very effective. I was hot and grumpy. But at least we got here. The flight was delayed slightly.
Our plane
I ate the sandwich we had picked up in Cleveland. I watched 2 movies. Date Night and Mulan. I had seen Mulan before. 2 glasses of wine. Nathan got one for free.
We arrived in Seattle about 9:30 pm. They were to start boarding our next plane at 9:26 pm. We had to connect with 2 shuttle trains to get us from the N terminal to the A terminal. We scurried over only to find that our flight to Portland had been delayed.
We were delayed about half an hour.
Full moon. I had fun
Arrived in Portland,
Rebecca met us, and we dropped her off at work on the way home,
So home safe and sound around 12:15 pm,
Argh!! damages while we were gone.
A large branch from our pear tree broke off. The neighbors had told us about this.
When we drove into the garage, we saw that the garage light was smashed, with glass everywhere. George got that all cleaned up before I could take a picture.
And to top it off, one of my favorite paintings was off the wall and had a big tear in the middle. Sob! It was the painting I got out at the beach, maybe for my 50th birthday.
George will try to duct tape the back so that it is not so obvious. We don't know how it happened, but we think that Cider was the culprit.


































Glad you made it home safe and sound
ReplyDelete